- Is the appraiser independent or is she an employee of the seller?
- Where did the appraiser receive her appraisal training and what are her professional designations?
- Does she belong to professional appraisal groups?
- Will the appraiser provide names of clients whom you can contact for references?
- Does the appraiser have experience in the type of appraisal she will be writing for you?
- How does the appraiser keep current in the appraisal field and also in gemology?
- What information will be included in the insurance appraisal?
- Does the appraiser have insurance to cover your jewelry while it is in her possession?
- How much will the insurance appraisal cost and how long will it take?
I’ve had over thirty-five years experience as a graduate gemologist doing insurance appraisals and am here to answer your questions.